LATINAS FIRST FOUNDATION
Executive Director 2023
The Latinas First Foundation believes that “Girls Can Be What They Can
See.” Through that mission, we provide opportunities and scholarships for future
Latina leaders, while also celebrating our community’s significant contributions to
culture, history, and community.
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
Type of Job: Full-Time working remotely
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports to: Foundation Co-Founders
The Executive Director is the key management leader for the Latinas First
Foundation and manages the daily operations and administrative duties. Working in conjunction with volunteer leadership, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall oversight, management, fundraising and operations of the organization. The Executive Director provides fiscal management, develops effective relationships with key stakeholders, and positively represents the Foundation to all audiences.
The Latinas First Foundation has awarded over 300 scholarships and recognized the achievements of trailblazing women throughout Colorado.
The role requires a demonstrated ability to:
• fundraise and develop other revenue sources necessary to support the
Foundation’s mission, which includes proactively identifying and soliciting
partnerships, donors and grant funding
• create and maintain a professional network to support and enhance Latinas
First Foundation’s growth, which should include stewarding, cultivating and
developing the organizations existing relationships and new relationships
• work with constituents with varied perspectives, listening deeply and
distilling their needs
• exhibit a track record of building and carrying out a strategy and work plan
with deliverables to be achieved through collaboration and volunteer
• demonstrate a previous success with complex project management and
• establish a strong ability to maintain focus on high-level goals while staying
attentive to detail
• experience working within or adjacent to higher education is important
• ability to serve as primary contact for Foundation scholars
• manage and report on overall budget, expenses and revenues with previous
oversight management experience
• oversee and report on the Foundation’s results for the Foundation’s Co-
Founders and leadership team
• coordinate and operate scholarship program for pre-collegiate and collegiate
students, as well as operations of student support programs
• maintain effective communications and partnership with board members to
meet organizations goals, coordinate committee efforts and executive regular
board and committee meetings
• coordinate, plan and manage a 700+ luncheon event and manage other
smaller events throughout the year, including manage all vendor relations
• develop proposals, solicit institutional funders, report on outcomes, and
steward donor relationships.
Experience serving as the voice of complex issues, in public speaking, writing, and interpersonal communication. This position is responsible for drafting newsletters, e-blasts and website maintenance.
Latinas First Foundation is a team of one, working remotely, with the assistance of
board members and volunteers. The Executive Director will have the ability to work with contractors and/or consultants for financial management and other potential support services, as approved.
The intent of this position summary is to provide a representation of the level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of the position. The position may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES
• Demonstrated understanding of the breadth of the Latina identify and
• Demonstrated success working with and/or across the Latino/a community
• 5+ years involved with and/or directing education programs
• Proven track record of fundraising and fiscal management, including
monitoring and managing expenditures, banking, receipt of funds and grants,
accounting and reporting procedures and coordination/interaction with
• Bachelor's degree in nonprofit management, business or related field
• Skilled in working with a Board of Directors and volunteers
• Transparent and high integrity leadership
• Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal with ability to
passionately convey Mission, Vision and Values of the organization
• Assign and supervise work of others.
• Demonstrate the highest level of ethical behavior.
• Study and apply new information and take initiative.
• Excellent time-management, prioritizing, problem prevention and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to find creative solutions to issues.
• Work accurately with close attention to detail.
• Self-directed with initiative to complete a needed task, small or large.
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
• Experience with sponsorship development, donor stewardship and nonprofit
giving in a variety of forms (individual, organization, events, major, planned,
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, social media, Canva,
Shopify, Quickbooks, and online collaborative tools.
• Daily hours and days of week may vary according to the needs of the
organization. Ability to work flexible hours, some work nights and
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The salary range for the Executive Director is $ 85,000 to $105,000 (excluding
bonus). Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
Latinas First will offer a flexible work schedule and annual bonus potential.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee will be
required to walk; sit; use hands; use fingers; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust/focus. Specific hearing abilities required by the job include the ability to hear and interpret words communicated over the
HOW TO APPLY:
Review of candidates will begin on December 1, 2023.
Inquiries and applications – including a resume, 1-3-page letter of interest outlining why you believe you are an excellent candidate for this position, and three references– should be directed electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org and Juanita@thechacongroup.com